Saturday, April 23, 2016

Warren Alfred Robinson (1899-1994)

Throwing back about 100 years: My second cousin 1x removed, Warren Alfred Robinson (1899-1994). I don't think I ever met Warren, so I had to consult Ancestry.com to figure out more about the adorable little boy on the left and the handsome soldier on the right. Warren was born in Colorado to Harry Robinson and Margaret Lucy Roberts, my first cousin 2x on my mother's side. He was a student at the University of Colorado during WWI, according to his draft card. By 1920, he had moved to South Pasadena, CA, to join his parents and the rest of my mom's large, welcoming clan of aunts, uncles, and cousins. Warren joined the service in 1923 and became a career Army man. During his Army years, he and his family lived in Bellevue, Nebraska, and Hilo, Hawaii, according to the 1930 and 1940 censuses. Eventually Warren moved back to California, living out his last days in Riverside. I have no idea what kind of many Warren was, but if these pictures are any indication of the soul of the man, I think I would have liked him very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment