Thursday, August 20, 2015

Ruth Roberts McClelland

Ruth Roberts (1890-1977) was my 1st cousin 2x removed, the daughter of my great-grand aunt Julia Long Roberts. Ruth grew up in Silver Plume, Colorado, and according to the writing on the front of the picture, she attended Boulder College. Ruth went on to marry James Robert McClelland (yes, that silly "d" belongs there at the end), which is rather ironic, considering she's on my mother's side, and McClellan (no extraneous "d" required) was my father's surname.

Even though I was twenty-seven when she died, I don't believe I ever met her, which is strange, since she had family in California, and my family drove through Colorado multiple times on cross-country trips. Ruth's brother John Lewis Roberts and his family were very close to my parents, but for some reason, we had little contact with the other Roberts siblings. 

They must have kept in touch with my mother, though, because I have so many pictures of them, at least up until the 1920s or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment